Just a short update to my earlier post on the 2017 Daggers. The winners were announced last week and the results are:
- The CWA Gold Dagger – The Dry (Little, Brown) by Jane Harper
- The CWA Ian Fleming Steel Dagger – Spook Street (John Murray) by Mick Herron
- The CWA John Creasey (New Blood) Dagger – Tall Oaks (Twenty 7) by Chris Whittaker
- The CWA Gold Dagger for Non-Fiction – Close But No Cigar: A True Story of Prison Life in Castro’s Cuba (Weidenfeld & Nicolson) by Stephen Purvis
- The CWA Endeavour Historical Dagger – A Rising Man (Harvill Secker) by Abir Mukherjee
- The CWA International Dagger – The Dying Detective (Doubleday) by Leif G W Persson, Tr Neil Smith
- The CWA Short Story Dagger – The Trials of Margaret by L C Tyler in Motives for Murder (Sphere) Edited by Martin Edwards
- The CWA Debut Dagger – Sherry Rankin for Strange Fire
I’ve managed to miss reading any of these! Do you think they were well-deserved winners?
Very worthy winners!